Structure of viral hepatitis in infants

T.V. Sorokman, P.M. Moldovan, E.V. Makarova

Abstract


Background. Many current studies are devoted to the study of hepatitis caused by viral infections, which are qualified as TORCH-infection. In infants TORCH-induced lesions prevail in the structure of viral hepatitis, the largest proportion is hepatitis of cytomegalovirus etiology. The purpose was to study the structure of viral hepatitis in infants. Materials and methods. The study included sixty-two children (mean age 1.8 ± 0.9 years) born in 2007–2016 treated in Chernivtsi Regional Children’s Clinical Hospital. The comparison group consisted of 36 healthy children of the same age. The pathogens of viral hepatitis B, C, TORCH infections were verified by enzyme immunoassay and polymerase chain reaction. The results of the research were analyzed using computer package Statistica StatSoft Inc. and Excel XP for Windows for a personal computer. Results. The results of the analysis of the liver diseases structure in 62 young children, according to hospital statistics, determined that the overwhelming majority (38 children; 61.3 %) had viral hepatitis (VH), the other 24 (38.7 %) patients were divided by the etiological structure of liver damage as follows: 8 (12.9 %) patients had prolonged conjunctive jaundice, 7 (11.3 %) patients had congenital metabolic disorders, 9 (14.5 %) patients had congenital hepatobiliary abnomalities. 16.6 % of young children had hepatitis B and C viruses. In 5.8 % of cases VH was caused by viruses of the TORCH group of infections. Conclusions. In the structure of hepatobiliary diseases in infants, viral hepatitis (68.4 %) is on the first ranked place. Among the viral hepatitis in children in the first year of life, CMV-hepatitis (68.4 %) is most common, in children over 1 year old chronic hepatitis B and C. Severe obstetrical anamnesis, violations of pregnancy, placental infection are rather significant in the group of children with viral hepatitis. The main clinical signs of CMV-hepatitis are prolonged jaundice, cholestasis, early debut of the disease and increased level of transaminases, splenomegaly.


Keywords


infants; etiological structure of viral hepatitis

References


Keppler J, Schnelke A, Fiedler A. Perinatologisches Management. Der Gynäkologe. 2013 Feb;46(2):105-10. doi: 10.1007/s00129-012-3005-x.

Shadrin OH, Basaraba NM, Cherneha NF. To the question diagnosis of liver disease in infants. Zdorov'ye Rebenka. 2011;5(32):53-6. (in Ukrainian).

Kramarev SA. Viral hepatitis in children. Zdorovye Ukrainy. 2013; Available from: https://www.health-ua.org/faq/infekcionnye-zabolevaniya/574.html. Accessed: February 27, 2013. (in Russian).

Goryacheva LG, Rohozyna NV, Efremova NA, Kotyv MYa, et al. Neonatal hepatitis: ways to solve the problem. Zhurnal infektolohii. 2010;2(3):69-72. (In Russian).

Efremova NA, Goryacheva LG. Features of the course and outcomes of neonatal hepatitis of various etiologies. Zhurnal ynfektolohyy. 2011;3(4):73-7. (In Russian).

Bernhard R. Breast milk-acquired cytomegalovirus infection: possible long-term sequelae in preterm infants are still in dispute. Acta Paediatrica. 2012 Aug;101(8):314. doi: 10.1111/j.1651-2227.2012.02720.x.

Efremova NA, Goryacheva LG, Rohozyna NV, et al. Clinical and laboratory features of neonatal hepatitis of various etiologies. Detskie infekcii. 2012;11(2):8-11. (In Russian).

Ornoy A, Diav-Citrin O. Fetal effects of primary and secondary cytomegalovirus infection in pregnancy. Reprod Toxicol. 2006;21(4):399-409. doi: 10.1016/j.reprotox.2005.02.002.

Kurath S, Halwachs-Baumann G, Müller W, Resch B. Transmission of cytomegalovirus via breast milk to the prematurely born infant: a systematic review. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2010;16(8):1172-8. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-0691.2010.03140.x.

Haertyinov HS, Anohin VA, Nizamova ER. Clinical and epidemiological features of neonatal hepatitis. Kazanskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal. 2012;6:921-5. (In Russian).

Yershova IB, Mochalova AA, Karpenko IN, Netrunenko LV. Philosophical and practical problems of chronic viral hepatitis. Aktualnaya infektologiya. 2013;1(1):21-4. (In Russian). doi: 10.22141/2312-413x.1.01.2013.82577.

Feldman DM, Timms D, Borgida AF. Toxolasmosis, parvovirus, and cytomegalovirus in pregnancy. Clin Lab Med. 2010; Sep;30(3):709-20. doi: 10.1016/j.cll.2010.04.009.

Swanson EC, Schleiss MR. Congenital Cytomegalovirus Infection. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2013;60(2):335. doi:  10.1016/j.pcl.2012.12.008.




DOI: https://doi.org/10.22141/2312-413x.5.2.2017.105320

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Copyright (c) 2017 ACTUAL INFECTOLOGY

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.

 

© Publishing House Zaslavsky, 1997-2017

 

 Яндекс.МетрикаSeo анализ сайта Рейтинг@Mail.ru