Cytomegalovirus infection in children: diagnostic difficulties
Keywords:cytomegalovirus infection, children, clinical forms, diagnosis, immunoglobulin, ganciclovir
AbstractThis article summarizes literature data about the problem of cytomegalovirus infection in children. It serves to generalize modern complications and outcomes. Article also considers the methods of rational diagnosis of this disease and describes the clinical cases of cytomegalovirus infection in young children. It shows difficulties and challenges that are related with diagnosis of this disease, caused by its clinical diversity and severe premorbid state of patients.
Kramarev SO, Hodak HA, Navjet TI. Cytomegalovirus infection in children. Pediatrija, akusherstvo ta ginekologija. 1998;(4):47-50. (in Ukrainian).
Adieva AA. Rol' tsitomegalovirusnoi infektsii v patologii ploda i novorozhdennogo. Poisk novykh protivovirusnykh preparatov. Diss. kand. med. nauk [The role of cytomegalovirus infection in the pathology of the fetus and newborn. Search for new antiviral drugs. PhD diss.]. Moscow; 2009. 49 p. (in Russian).
Tabolin VA, Volodin NN, Geras'kina VP, Il'ina ID. Diagnosis, clinic and treatment of cytomegalovirus infection in children. Rossiyskiy Vestnik Perinatologii i Pediatrii. 1994;39(3):16-18. (in Russian).
Kochkina SS, Sitnikova EP. Tsitomegalovirusnaia infektsiia u detei: klinika, diagnostika i lechenie. Uchebno-metodicheskoeposobie dlia studentov [Cytomegalovirus infection in children: clinic, diagnosis and treatment. Teaching and methodological guidelines for students]. Yaroslavl: Avers; 2012. 84 p. (in Russian).
Kerimova ZhN. Klinicheskaia struktura manifestnykh form tsitomegalovirusnoiinfektsii u deteirannegovozrasta i effektivnost'protivovirusnoiterapii. Diss. kand. med. nauk [The clinical structure of manifest forms of cytomegalovirus infection in children of early age and the effectiveness of antiviral therapy. PhD diss.]. Saratov; 2009. 27 p. (in Russian).
Benedict CA, Arens R, Loewendorf A, Janssen EM. Modulation of T-Cell Mediated Immunity by Cytomegalovirus. In: Aliberti J, editor. Control of Innate and Adaptive Immune Responses during Infectious Diseases. New York, USA: Springer; 2012. 121-139 pp.
Copyright (c) 2019 ACTUAL INFECTOLOGY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.