Selery medicinal plants in the Donbas
Keywords:celery, medicinal plants, biology, expansion, bioactive compounds, diseases
AbstractThe performed studies determined the real number of species of medicinal plants in Apiaceae family growing on the Donbass territory. The study of literature and conducted field experiments revealed the presence of 41 species of medicinal plants of the celery family (Apiaceae Lindl.), among which 11 cultivated species. There was a brief description of botanical species studied, the typical place of growth, and the presence of biologically active compounds that determine the medicinal properties of the studied taxons. The studied plants have various quantitative and spatial relationship: 6 species are rare and are considered as protected plants, 2 species does not grow in Luhansk, 3 — in the Donetsk region, 4 species are considered to be adventitious for our region. Medicinal plants of the family celery cover a wide range of various diseases due to the large number of various biologically active substances and, primarily, essential fatty oils, flavonoids, vitamins and coumarins. It is worth noting that there no agricultural enterprises specialized on medicinal plants cultivating.
Gubergrits AYa, Solomchenko NI. Lekarstvennyie rasteniya Donbassa [Medicinal plants of Donbass]. Donetsk: Donbass; 1966. 329 p. (in Russian).
Dudchenko LG, Krivenko VV. Pischevyie rasteniya — tseliteli [Food plants — healers]. Kyjiv: Naukova dumka; 1988. 272 p. (in Russian).
Karhut VV. Liky navkolo nas [Medication around us]. Kyjiv: Zdorovja; 1974. 448 p. (in Ukrainian).
Kondratyuk EN, Ivchenko SI, Smyik GK. Dikorastuschie lekarstvennyie i plodovyie rasteniya Ukrainyi [Wild-growing medicinal and fruit plants of Ukraine]. Kyjiv: Urozhay; 1969. 180 p. (in Russian).
Minarchenko VM. Likarski sudinni roslini Ukrayini (medichne ta resursne znachennya) [Medicinal vascular plants (medical and resource value]). Kyjiv: Fitosociocentr; 2005. 324 p. (in Ukrainian).
Naumov SYu. Morfologiya i anatomiya lista seldereynyih [Morphology and anatomy of the celery leaf]. Lugansk: Elton-2; 2009. 188 p. (in Russian).
Naumov SYu. Seldereynyie Luganskoy oblasti [Celery in Lugansk region]. Lugansk: LNAU; 2010. 20 p. (in Russian).
Dobrochaeva DN, Kotov MI, Prokudin YuN i dr. Opredelitel’ vysshikh rastenii Ukrainy [The determinant of higher plants of Ukraine]. Kiev: Fitosotsiotsentr; 1999. 548 p. (in Russian).
Ostapko VM. Raritetnyiy florofond yugo-vostoka Ukrainyi (horologiya) [Parity fund of the flora of the sout-heast of Ukraine]. Donetsk: OOO "Lebed"; 2001. 121 p. (in Russian).
Ostapko VM. Eydologicheskie, populyatsionnyie i tsenoticheskie osnovyi fitosozologii na yugo-vostoke Ukrainyi [Eidological, population and cenotic bases of phytosology in the southeast of Ukraine]. Donetsk: OOO "Lebed"; 2005. 408 p. (in Russian).
Ostapko VM, Bojko AV, Mosjakin SL. Sosudistye rastenija jugo-vostoka Ukrainy [Vascular plants of the southeast of Ukraine]. Doneck: Noulidzh; 2010. 247 p. (in Russian).
Plantarium (determinant of plants on-line). Available from: http://www.plantarium.ru/ page/view/item/14934.html. Accessed: November 22, 2016 (in Russian).
Poludennyj LV, Sotnik VF, Hlapcev EE. Jefirnomaslichnye i lekarstvennye rastenija [Echinaceous and medicinal plants]. M.: Kolos; 1979. 286 p. (in Russian).
Romanshhak SP, Gerkіjal ZV, Gavriljuk VA. Morfologіja і sistematika lіkars'kih roslin [Morphology and taxonomy of medicinal plants: textbook]. K.: Urozhaj; 2000. 358 p. (in Ukrainian).
Sokolov ID, Kovalenko IA, Naumov SJu. Late flowering frost-resistant plants of the flora of Luhansk region // Proceeding of the Vth International Scientific Conference dedicated to the 150th anniversary of the publication of the work of G. Mendel “Experiments on plant hybrids”. 2015 September 23-25; Lugansk, Ukraine. Lugansk;2015:43-44 (in Russian).
Sokolov ID, Naumov SJu, Minjaeva IV [et al.]. Opredelitel’ vshodov kul'turnyh vidov semejstva Apiaceae (sel’derejnye ili zontichnye) [The determinant of shoots of cultural species of the family Apiaceae (celery or umbelliferous)]. Lugansk: LGAU; 2002. 12 p. (in Russian).
Shishkin BK. Flora SSSR [Flora of the USSR]. M.-L.: Publishing House of the USSR Academy of Sciences. 1950; XVI: 648 p. (in Russian).
Shishkin BK. Flora SSSR [Flora of the USSR]. M.-L.: Publishing House of the USSR Academy of Sciences. 1951; XVII: 390 p. (in Russian).
Mosyakin SL, Fedoronchuk MM. Vascular plants of Ukraine. A Nomenclatural checklist. Kiev: M.G. Kholodny Institute of Botany; 1999. 346 p.
Naumov SYu. Leaf Typology in the subfamily Apioideae (Apiaceae). Plant Diversity and Evolution. 2010;3-4(128):443-455.
Naumov SYu. Medicinal plants in the flora of Lugansk region. Aktual’naya infektologiya. 2016;4(13):69-72 (in Russian).
Copyright (c) 2017 ACTUAL INFECTOLOGY
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Our edition uses the copyright terms of Creative Commons for open access journals.
Authors, who are published in this journal, agree with the following terms:
- The authors retain rights for authorship of their article and grant to the edition the right of first publication of the article on a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which allows others to freely distribute the published article, with the obligatory reference to the authors of original works and original publication in this journal.
- Directing the article for the publication to the editorial board (publisher), the author agrees with transmitting of rights for the protection and using the article, including parts of the article, which are protected by the copyrights, such as the author’s photo, pictures, charts, tables, etc., including the reproduction in the media and the Internet; for distributing; for the translation of the manuscript in all languages; for export and import of the publications copies of the writers’ article to spread, bringing to the general information.
- The rights mentioned above authors transfer to the edition (publisher) for the unlimited period of validity and on the territory of all countries of the world.
- The authors guarantee that they have exclusive rights for using of the article, which they have sent to the edition (publisher). The edition (the publisher) is not responsible for the violation of given guarantees by the authors to the third parties.
- The authors have the right to conclude separate supplement agreements that relate to non-exclusive distribution of their article in the form in which it had been published in the journal (for example, to upload the work to the online storage of the journal or publish it as part of a monograph), provided that the reference to the first publication of the work in this journal is included.
- The policy of the journal permits and encourages the publication of the article in the Internet (in institutional repository or on a personal website) by the authors, because it contributes to productive scientific discussion and a positive effect on efficiency and dynamics of the citation of the article.
- The rights to the article are deemed transferred by the authors to the edition (the publisher) since the moment of the publication of the article in the printed or electronic version of journal.